LegalShield Individual / Family Legal Plan
- Unlimited topics, personal or business even on pre-existing conditions
- 24/7 fter-hours legal consultation for covered legal emergencies such as: if you're arrested or detained, if you're seriously injured, if you're served with a warrant, or if the state tries to take your child(ren).
- Letters and Phone Calls on Your Behalf. Available at the discretion of your Provider Lawyer
Legal Document Review (up to 10 pages each)
• Contracts/documents up to 10 pages each
• Standard Will with yearly reviews/updates. Powers of
Attorney for Personal Care and Property
- Assistance (letter or phone call on your behalf) regarding
written or implied warranties on goods you have purchased or
- Lease Agreement Review for your primary residence before
- Help Contacting Government Agencies
- Debt Collection Assistance. A phone call or letter on your
behalf to help recover any outstanding debt owed to you.
- Tenant Legal Advice - proper and necessary services to you
- Small Claims Court Advice - Your Provider Law Firm will
discuss your case with you and provide advice on preparing
- Social Assistance Legal Advice
- Estate Settlement Advice
For questions regarding the settlement of an estate you have a
direct interest in
- Consumer Protection Benefits. Letters/phone calls on your behalf to a third party, related to the lease or purchase of goods or services.
Your LegalShield Family Plan Covers:
• The member
• The member's spouse
• Never-married dependent children under 21 living at home
• Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member is legal guardian
• Full-time college students up to age 23; never married, dependent children
• Physically or mentally challenged children living at home
Additional Information: Fines, court costs, penalties, expert witness fees, bonds, bail bonds, and any out-of-pocket expenses are your responsibility and are not part of your membership fees and/or benefits. Emergency services are subject to conditions imposed by the detaining/questioning authority.
25% off additional legal services: You may continue to use your Provider Law Firm for legal situations that extend beyond plan coverage. The additional services are 25% off the standard hourly rate. You will receive a 33.3% discount from the standard hourly rate for representation should you need legal services that must be performed outside of a lawyer's office. Hourly rates for Provider Firms and court appearances may vary. A retainer fee will be required for services under this benefit.
This is a general overview of your legal plan coverage for illustration purposes only. See a plan contract for complete terms, coverage, amounts, conditions and exclusions.
Please note, class actions, interventions or amicus curiae filings in which you are a part or potential part are not covered by the LegalShield membership.